Infection Preventionist - LVN or RN
Infection Preventionist responsibilities include:
Preventing the Transmission of Infectious Agents
Identification of infectious disease processes
• Identify occurrences, reservoirs, incubation periods, periods of communicability, modes of transmission, signs and symptoms, and susceptibility associated with disease process
• Recognize epidemiologically significant organisms for immediate review and investigation
• Interpret results of diagnostic/laboratory reports
• Identify indications for environmental microbiological monitoring
• Report communicable diseases to public health departments
• Assists with implementation of infection prevention and control strategies related to controlling the transmission of infectious agents.
• Assists with outbreak and exposure investigations
• Participates in environmental, and safety unit rounding
• Reviews daily admission diagnoses and readmissions to identify potential readmissions for healthcare acquired infection.
• Reviews and researches all positive laboratory culture reports to validate healthcare acquired status.
• Identifies problems of surveillance findings, develops plan of approach and communicates plan appropriately to the Director of Infection Prevention.
• Collect data in support of epidemiological studies of specific problems or problem areas to determine the source of the problem and make appropriate recommendations
• Uses the CDC National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) infection definitions and inputs all infection data into NHSN.
Utilizes appropriate Quality Assurance monitoring activities to address issues of potential risk of infection for patients or employees. Documents problems and implemented control measures in performance improvement projects
: Management and Communication
• Assist with the planning, organizing, development and implementation of educational programs for all hospital employees including administrative and ancillary services.
• Functions as hospital liaison to community agencies as well as other Health Care Providers; provides internal expertise on communicable disease issues to hospital staff
• Assists with development and review of infection prevention and control policies and procedures
• Maintain compliance with national standards and regulating bodies such as JCAHO, CMS, CDC, OSHA, etc
• Possession of Associate Degree in Nursing or successful completion of an accredited Nurse Program as evidence by licensure, from a recognized college or university.
• BSN preferred
• Minimum 2+ years’ experience in acute hospital care
• Minimum of 1- 2 years of acute care infection control and epidemiology experience preferred
• Possession of a valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse in the State of California.
• Certification in Infection Control (CIC) preferred; required within 2years of date of hire or transfer
• Basic course in Infection Control / Epidemiology within 9 months of date of hire or transfer – hospital will sponsor
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
• Federal, state and local, (CMS, The Joint Commission, OSHA, CDC etc.), regulations pertaining to infection prevention and control
• Principles of public administration, organization, and supervision
• Organizational and management practices as applied to the analysis and evaluation of programs, policies and operational needs
• Demonstrates computer literacy (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Power Point)
• Understand and interpret laws, rules, ordinances, and regulations pertaining to clinical patient safety and infection control
• Effectively develop, introduce, and implement policies, procedures, and programs design to limit exposure, reduce errors and control costs
• Analyze complex issues and prescribe effective interventions
• Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work
• Effectively communicate utilizing verbal and written communication skills
• Maintain current knowledge of developments in the field of clinical patient safety and infection control.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
PLEASE READ FIRST
We have outlined below the documents that must be completed in order to adequately process your application for employment. if you have any questions or concerns about anything contained in this application packet, please contact a Human Resources Department Representative. We may be reached at (951) 652-2811, extension 5801.
Complete and submit to Human Resources. (Clarification — under
Employment History, please account for at least the last 7 years.)
- INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS Review and keep for your future reference.
- EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY FORM Review, complete (voluntary) and return with your application.
- DISCLOSURE and AUTHORIZATION TO OBTAIN INFORMATION Review, complete and return with your application.